The University of Delhi or popularly known as Delhi University was established in 1922 by the Central Legislative Assembly of the British India. DU is now, one of the largest universities in India with many colleges under its affiliation and is a public central collegiate university. The college offers courses like Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG), doctorate (Ph.D), and streams like arts, commerce and science. Knowing about delhi university is very important for young aspirants as it helps them in knowing in depth about the college.
For young aspirants who wish to join a college this year, admissions in delhi university are now open. University of Delhi or informally called as Delhi university has now opened admissions for the year 2017. Admissions in DU are now open and candidates who wish to apply for the university should utilize the chance for it. The eligibility criteria for delhi university admissions 2017 are that the candidate needs to clear their Class 12 or any equivalent exam from a recognized board in their state for UG admissions while for PG admissions, the candidate needs to have a bachelor’s degree in their field of study. Delhi university admissions are mostly based on the merit which is nothing but, the marks in any four subjects in their Class 12 are calculated to the best-of- four percentage. After calculating the best of four score, the aspirants need to check the cut-off lists released by the DU admissions. Online admissions delhi university 2017 is possible by applying for the DU conduct entrance exams. After the five lists are released and seats are still left, colleges affiliated under the university can conduct their own admission process to shortlist candidates.
As the admissions for the University of Delhi is now open, the admission process of delhi university 2017 is as follows:
1. All the applicants seeking admission should read the rules and regulations of the college regarding admissions to various courses and the conditions of eligibility.
2. As the delhi university admission process is made purely based on cut-off, there is no minimum age for admissions in UG courses.
3. The certificates required during the admission process of DU are:
4. Candidates who want to claim being the children of officers and men of the Armed Forces killed or disabled in the war are required to get their names registered with the university office.
5. No foreign student is admitted directly by the college unless he/she produces a letter from the foreign students advisor university of delhi, regarding his/her eligibility and clearance of visa holding students visa.
6. Once the admission committee has taken a candidate’s application for admission, the college will not entertain any correspondence or telephonic enquiries on the subject.
7. Candidates who failed to submit the documents within the time or those who have failed in a university exam or those whose results were withheld on account of unfair means cannot continue with the admission process of du 2017.
Get latest news and updates regarding UG Admission 2017 through SMS or e-mail, by entering your details below